Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Writer writer pumkin cider

I didn't exactly lose my job, but this week I find myself extremely available. (because I don't have a job) So it was a perfect opportunity to get a lot of things done that I haven't had the time for. One of them includes finishing up some songs.

The process of writing a new song is very time consuming:
1) You have to find time between your job, your new job, your kid, your wife, your dogs, and your house you're fixing up.
2) Since there is no time between any of those things you have to lie to yourself in order to make time. Ex: "I think the house looks fine with a half finished ceiling. Guess I can knock off a little early today."
3) You have to go to Jim's house and write songs in his basement. I don't know why, but you just have to.
4) You then have to drink two beers with Jim.
5) After that, there is a mandatory requirement that you must play every rock riff you learned in the 90's.
6) Then, you need to spend at least 2 hours playing songs you've already written before you attempt to work on anything else.
7) You start to write a-WHOA what time is it. Time to go.

Actually, I had a really productive day. I finished a song that has been hanging over my head for some time. Got two more of my songs down on disk, finally got a few verses and chorus nailed down for another one, and two completely new ideas down on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment